Skip to main content

The Journey of a Financial Advisor Part 2

I've been waiting for this day to take the licensing exam from Insurance Commission. It is supposedly last week, but I wasn't able to do so, since my kid has fever.

Insurance Commission, United Nation Avenue, Manila
I reviewed all night, but I'm a bit frustrated since I wasn't able to finished all the reviewer. I woke up and see all the papers we're scattered on the floor. I'm trying to recall what happened, just then I realized that I fell asleep with the papers on my hand the night. (Sigh)

But to start the day with good vibes. I need to start fresh with coffee on the table (wink) and a good breakfast. I have an hour to prepare and start traveling from Mandaluyong to Manila to get to Insurance Commission. I need to avoid rush hour to be late.

At exactly 5:58 am, I left home with only one goal in my head. "Pass the two exams, without retaking!".

Around 7:17, I'm already at the Insurance Commission, asking the guard how to go on the process of taking the exam. He gave me a number and I need to fill up the forms. So what I did is, I submitted the required certificate from my represented company for two exams, plus 2 pieces of 1 x 1 picture. 1 picture for each exam. Luckily, my unit manager was very supportive, she was there 10 minutes after I arrived and assisted me on filling up the application.

Around 8 am, after I finished submitting the requirements and paying the exam fee, which cost 710.00 each. So a total of 1,420.00 for two exams covered. As the exam started, I had butterflies in my stomach. It's been a while since I took some exam seriously. It's like going back to college days where a terror professor is waiting in front of the class (Ha ha ha). But kidding aside, the person who conducted the exam was very courteous and polite.

I took the first exam, which is "Life", took me almost 20 minutes to finish, I think that's easy (wink) . After I finish the finish the first exam, I'm hesitant to take the "Variable Life" Exam, cause almost everyone in the room is taking variable exam with calculator on their desk. I realized that, what I had is just a pen (feeling genius). My precious brain told me, that I can do it even without calculator (feeling courageous :) ). And it took me I guess, more that 30 minutes to finished the second exam. I'm not so sure that I would pass the second, cause the questions are very tricky, if you don't read it twice, you might give the wrong answer. After reviewing all the answers, I submitted it and waited outside for the result.

Twenty minutes or so passed, while I'm trying to amaze myself how many people are taking the exam in Insurance Commission everyday, the result is out, finally!

Voila, two exams we're all PASSED! Yes, step two of my goal is done, with flying colors (happy).

Third step in progress.... I'm now in the process of E-learning. December is holiday season, so classroom schedule for training is not available. For now, I don't have a choice but to take the online course. Looking at the bright side, I can study in my own phase.

Next big thing is LEARNING MORE.... I will be sharing soon, what I've learn here, so keep reading for my next journey.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain and Hosting in Bluehost

I've been using bluehost a few years now. Soon I will be migrating this blog to bluehost, but I'm giving it a second thought. Although I know that bluehost is very reliable when it comes to speed and up-time, I'm concerned about the URL that's already been published using this blogger domain. That would be a lot of rework when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. But I will be uploading another site soon using Bluehost domain and hosting services. The reason I can't stay away from bluehost is that, the customer service is superb. I mean come to think about the technicalities of the servers and all. Almost all domain hosting has very reliable services when it comes to server hosting, but I guess the difference is their customer service. Their agents are technically savvy when it comes to trouble shooting customer's issue. CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP FOR BLUEHOST.COM Note: I get a small commission on referring you to Bluehost, but I won't be promoting t