Skip to main content

BABY RASHES

It hurts to see your baby crying out loud because of that reddish thing that you see on her diaper lining. These are diaper rash or diaper dermatitis; it is caused by diaper staying wet on the skin, rubbing of diaper on the skin and some chemicals that blend with the diaper that is found in urine and stool.


Common causes are:
  • ·         If the wet diaper stays long on babies, especially if they sleep for long hours and we are unable to change it.
  • ·         If the baby is already eating solid foods. The chemical content on their stool and urine might change causing the rashes.
  • ·         Constant rubbing of skin. 

Baby diaper rashes can be treated at home not unless it is already bleeding and need urgent attention. These are the thing you can do:
  • ·         Always change the diaper from time to time.
  • ·         Wash the genital area with warm water, don’t use soap if there are no soils.
  • ·         In washing the genitals use soft cloth, and let it air dry, (don’t blow dry) before wearing the diaper.
  • ·         Don’t use wet wipes, especially the scented.

You may use these products to treat diaper rashes Desitin, Diaparene, or zinc oxide. I tried desitin and it worked perfectly fine on my baby. Use it with caution; don’t apply it to broken skin since it might slow the healing process of the skin.


DIAPER RASHES CREAM AVAILABLE AT AMAZON:

This article is not intended to substitute your professional care, this was an advise from the pediatrician. Consult your doctor first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain and Hosting in Bluehost

I've been using bluehost a few years now. Soon I will be migrating this blog to bluehost, but I'm giving it a second thought. Although I know that bluehost is very reliable when it comes to speed and up-time, I'm concerned about the URL that's already been published using this blogger domain. That would be a lot of rework when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. But I will be uploading another site soon using Bluehost domain and hosting services. The reason I can't stay away from bluehost is that, the customer service is superb. I mean come to think about the technicalities of the servers and all. Almost all domain hosting has very reliable services when it comes to server hosting, but I guess the difference is their customer service. Their agents are technically savvy when it comes to trouble shooting customer's issue. CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP FOR BLUEHOST.COM Note: I get a small commission on referring you to Bluehost, but I won't be promoting t