Skip to main content

Argue or Debate?


Having a teenage kid is one hell of a challenge to parents. Teenagers already have their own reasons, and wants for themselves, it is a challenge to make them do something that they don't want to do in the first place like household chores.

Apparently as a parent, I realize that we have to be the following:


  • Firm - make them realize that we stick to our decision, else they will get their way out of a situation thinking that they can always persuade you.
  • Argument or debate - I guess it's a debate when your teenager is throwing excuses and reasons not to do the things she must do. A matter of convincing that what she's doing is for the good of everyone and being right is part of it. They have their own perception of what is right and wrong. but sometimes since they are still kids, we have to prove our point. My eldest love to debate, good thing she speaks her mind BUT she carelessly handle words. Always blunt must I say. Although I can say it's a good thing since we are communicating.
  • Always end the argument with "I love you", this works. I know for sure that whenever we have debate or argument she always knows that I love her know matter what. :)
At some point, how I wish there could be a handbook how to handle kids. Each of one of them is different, but at times they are the one who teach how are we going to handle them. :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain and Hosting in Bluehost

I've been using bluehost a few years now. Soon I will be migrating this blog to bluehost, but I'm giving it a second thought. Although I know that bluehost is very reliable when it comes to speed and up-time, I'm concerned about the URL that's already been published using this blogger domain. That would be a lot of rework when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. But I will be uploading another site soon using Bluehost domain and hosting services. The reason I can't stay away from bluehost is that, the customer service is superb. I mean come to think about the technicalities of the servers and all. Almost all domain hosting has very reliable services when it comes to server hosting, but I guess the difference is their customer service. Their agents are technically savvy when it comes to trouble shooting customer's issue. CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP FOR BLUEHOST.COM Note: I get a small commission on referring you to Bluehost, but I won't be promoting t