Skip to main content

Healthy food for picky toddlers


 Carrot and Potato Mix

 Talking about healthy food for toddler? Here's a super cool idea that would let you feed them with veggies without them knowing it. Here's the recipe:

  • Small size carrot
  • Medium size potatoe
  • Half of onion
  • 3 gloves of garlic
  • 1 egg 
  • 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour (I'm using Magnolia)
  • Oil for frying (I preferred corn oil)
  • Grind black pepper (I'm using McCormick)
  • Pinch of salt
Process:
1. Use a shredder  for carrots and potato, I preferred the one with small holes since it will be more refined. Don't forget to peel before doing this.
2. Add salt, garlic, onion and pepper. For kids, use powdered pepper. I used grind pepper here since I'm feeding an adult :) Mr. Hubby. You can also shred the onion and garlic.
3. You will notice that water will appear as soon as you mixed the ingredients, don't drain them, the vitamins are there. Add the flour, then add the egg and mix all.
4. Let it settle for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Then you can start frying. No need to deep fry.
6. One spoonful to get this pancake size.
7. Be sure to fry it in medium heat to avoid burning. Three to 5 minutes per surface.


I served this hot and toasted with fried rice .(for kids, don't over toast the food they might not like the taste). I liked it a little burnt on the side.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junk foods for you and for me

Most of us love eating junk foods especially the kids and my kid is one of them. Oh how she loved eating chocolate like me. Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Bar, 70% Cocoa, 3.5-Ounce Bars (Pack of 10) It is sad but true that most of our kids today have junk food on their diet. These foods are loaded with high calories, fats, and sugar, but very low in nutrition.

BABY RASHES

It hurts to see your baby crying out loud because of that reddish thing that you see on her diaper lining. These are diaper rash or diaper dermatitis; it is caused by diaper staying wet on the skin, rubbing of diaper on the skin and some chemicals that blend with the diaper that is found in urine and stool. Common causes are: ·          If the wet diaper stays long on babies, especially if they sleep for long hours and we are unable to change it. ·          If the baby is already eating solid foods. The chemical content on their stool and urine might change causing the rashes. ·          Constant rubbing of skin. 

HOW TO TALK TO KIDS ABOUT TOUGH ISSUES OR SUBJECTS

Raising a kid is the most rewarding and yet very challenging part of being a parent.  Getting your child to talk is even harder when the kid is growing especially teenagers. I noticed that talking to a two year old is much easy and comfortable compared to older kids. Toddlers are not ashamed to ask questions, relevant or not, because they are just starting to know the things that surrounds them. While teenagers have some sort of idea how things are and most of the times they are the one exploring things and putting it into action rather than asking questions.  Which I think is more dangerous since teenagers are already interacting with different people, they have the tendency to pick up wrong ideas or even be influenced by bad people. In this very complicated world that we have today, it is tough to explain things or issues  to kids so that they will clearly understand what are the things we try to convey. Especially those issues like, sex and sexuality, relationship, a...