Skip to main content

Healthy food for picky toddlers


 Carrot and Potato Mix

 Talking about healthy food for toddler? Here's a super cool idea that would let you feed them with veggies without them knowing it. Here's the recipe:

  • Small size carrot
  • Medium size potatoe
  • Half of onion
  • 3 gloves of garlic
  • 1 egg 
  • 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour (I'm using Magnolia)
  • Oil for frying (I preferred corn oil)
  • Grind black pepper (I'm using McCormick)
  • Pinch of salt
Process:
1. Use a shredder  for carrots and potato, I preferred the one with small holes since it will be more refined. Don't forget to peel before doing this.
2. Add salt, garlic, onion and pepper. For kids, use powdered pepper. I used grind pepper here since I'm feeding an adult :) Mr. Hubby. You can also shred the onion and garlic.
3. You will notice that water will appear as soon as you mixed the ingredients, don't drain them, the vitamins are there. Add the flour, then add the egg and mix all.
4. Let it settle for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Then you can start frying. No need to deep fry.
6. One spoonful to get this pancake size.
7. Be sure to fry it in medium heat to avoid burning. Three to 5 minutes per surface.


I served this hot and toasted with fried rice .(for kids, don't over toast the food they might not like the taste). I liked it a little burnt on the side.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain and Hosting in Bluehost

I've been using bluehost a few years now. Soon I will be migrating this blog to bluehost, but I'm giving it a second thought. Although I know that bluehost is very reliable when it comes to speed and up-time, I'm concerned about the URL that's already been published using this blogger domain. That would be a lot of rework when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. But I will be uploading another site soon using Bluehost domain and hosting services. The reason I can't stay away from bluehost is that, the customer service is superb. I mean come to think about the technicalities of the servers and all. Almost all domain hosting has very reliable services when it comes to server hosting, but I guess the difference is their customer service. Their agents are technically savvy when it comes to trouble shooting customer's issue. CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP FOR BLUEHOST.COM Note: I get a small commission on referring you to Bluehost, but I won't be promoting t